What's South Loop Like?
People go to South Loop to see attractions like Field Museum of Natural History and to explore its green spaces like Grant Park. Enjoy this scenic neighborhood's museums and fantastic lake views, not to mention its many shops. Soldier Field and McCormick Place are a couple of popular sights sure to leave an impression.
Where are the Best Places to Stay in South Loop?
We have 228 accommodations in the neighborhood. Listed below are our travelers' favorite places to stay in South Loop:
Marriott Marquis Chicago4-star hotel with 9 restaurants, bar
- Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness center • Cafe • 24-hour front desk • Spacious rooms
The Blackstone, Autograph Collection4-star hotel with restaurant, bar
- Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness center • 24-hour front desk • Walkable location
Home2 Suites by Hilton Chicago McCormick Place3-star hotel with 4 restaurants, 2 bars
- Free breakfast • Free WiFi • Fitness center • Cafe • Walkable location
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago McCormick Place3-star hotel with 4 restaurants, 2 bars
- Free WiFi • Fitness center • Cafe • Terrace • Central location
Le Méridien Essex Chicago4-star hotel with restaurant, bar
- Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness center • Cafe • 24-hour front desk • Central location
How to Get to South Loop
South Loop is located 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the heart of Chicago.
- Chicago O'Hare Intl. Airport (ORD), 16.4 mi (26.4 km) from South Loop
- Chicago Midway Airport (MDW), 7.8 mi (12.5 km) from South Loop
- Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 22.5 mi (36.2 km) from South Loop
Traveling to South Loop by Train
You'll find the following train stations in the neighborhood:
- Chicago 18th Street Station
- Chicago Museum Campus-11th Street Station
- Chicago McCormick Place Station
Getting to South Loop on Metro
Stations in the neighborhood include:
- Roosevelt Station
- Cermak-McCormick Place Station
- Harrison Station