What's Upper West Side Like?
People go to Upper West Side to see famous places such as Rockefeller Center, as well as its many attractions like American Dream. Travelers like the neighborhood for its museums and beautiful river views, not to mention its selection of shops. Central Park and Broadway are a couple of popular sights sure to leave an impression.
Where are the Best Places to Stay in Upper West Side?
We have 406 accommodations in the neighborhood. Here are our customers' favorite places to stay in Upper West Side:
The Wallace4-star hotel with bar, 24-hour fitness center
- Free WiFi • 24-hour front desk • Spacious rooms
Hotel Beacon4-star hotel with restaurant, bar
- Free WiFi • 24-hour fitness center • Cafe • 24-hour front desk
The Lucerne Hotel4-star hotel with restaurant, health club
- Free WiFi • Fitness center • 24-hour front desk • Spacious rooms
Arthouse Hotel New York City4-star hotel with 2 restaurants, bar
- Fitness center • Terrace • 24-hour front desk • Spacious rooms
YMCA West Side
- Restaurant • Fitness center • Outdoor pool
How to Get to Upper West Side
Upper West Side is located 5.4 mi (8.6 km) from the heart of New York.
- New York, NY (NYS-Skyports Seaplane Base), 3.6 mi (5.7 km) from Upper West Side
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA), 5.5 mi (8.8 km) from Upper West Side
- Newark Liberty Intl. Airport (EWR), 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from Upper West Side
Getting to Upper West Side on Metro
Stations in the neighborhood include:
- West 86th Street Station
- 79 St. Station
- 86 St. Station (Central Park West)
Things to See and Do in and around Upper West Side
What to See in Upper West Side
- Central Park
- Rockefeller Center
- Times Square
- Grand Central Terminal
- Madison Square Garden